Video content marketing has become extremely popular simply because it is the best marketing strategy to dramatically increase audience engagement and interaction. Video is no longer just part of your marketing strategy, it is now the main focus of your campaigns.
1. What is video marketing?
Social video marketing is a component of an integrated marketing communications plan designed to create, curate, and utilize videos as a means of marketing their products, services or brand image to their target audience.
2. 4 main types of video content (our choice).
There may be many different types of videos to create but our team here at APEX Media has shortlisted 4 types of videos that will propel your marketing efforts forward.
- Educational Videos. Educational videos teach your audience something new. Instead of creating content just for views, you create content with the purpose of allowing your audience to benefit from it.
- Corporate Branding Videos. Corporate branding videos help show off your company’s personality and culture. This is important to allow your audience to connect with your company on a personal level instead of being a faceless organization.
- Product Reviews. Product videos help you showcase your products and enable you to answer common questions, fight off preconceived notions and show viewers the unique selling point of your product.
- Live Stream Videos. Live streaming is a great strategy to create hype and exclusivity around your content. Audience will tune in to watch your video to catch on the suspense and avoid the fear of missing out.
3. How to incorporate video content into your marketing strategy?
According to a statistic – In 2020, 92% of marketers say that video is an important part of their marketing strategy. This has grown from 78% in 2015, showing that the importance of video is only growing.
By creating valuable video content to educate your audience and position your brand effectively in the market, you can dramatically boost conversions and improve sales.
Understanding the goal for each media platform will help you with planning your video content.
- Facebook & Instagram: to generate more traffic and engagement.
- Website: to generate more traffic and leads/conversions.
- Landing pages: to boost your conversion rate.
- Email marketing campaigns: to generate higher open rates and more click-throughs.
- YouTube: to reach a wider audience and boost views.
- LinkedIn: to generate leads, drive website traffic, and build brand awareness.
A great way to incorporate video content will be to bring case studies or testimonials to life. For example, instead of asking your clients for a written testimonial, you can try recording a short interview with them and using it as content for your business.
More and more brands now than ever are integrating with video content marketing, and consumers are engaging with it at an alarming rate. The currency online is content, content is the fuel that grows your business and so creating valuable content is a must have for every single marketer.
You are not always going to know what your target customers will react best to, so be prepared to experiment with a lot of trial and errors. Test out different video ideas and concepts. Cancel out the weak performers and pump in resources on the ones that perform well.
For production advice on creating video content, check out our previous article here!
If you are looking to improve on your business with digital solutions such as website design, digital marketing or video production, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are more than happy to provide a complimentary consultation with regards to your business!